The Facebook Eagle Mountain Data Center Community Action Grants program will award its first recipients in 2021. Facebook is committed to investing in the long-term vitality of Eagle Mountain and its residents by supporting projects that meet the community’s needs. Eagle Mountain has been a tremendous partner for Facebook, and our Community Action Grants program is one way Facebook invests in this community.
What types of projects are eligible?
The Facebook Community Action Grants program supports projects that address critical community needs by putting the power of technology to use for community benefit, connecting people online or off, or improving local science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education.
When does the application open?
The application for our 2021 Community Action Grants program opens September 14, 2020, and we encourage Eagle Mountain nonprofits and schools to apply. The application closes October 16, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Links to the application and Terms and Conditions are available at facebook.com/EagleMountainDataCenter.
What are the criteria for the Community Action Grants?
Grants are awarded based on merit and meeting the following criteria:
• Organizations are permitted to submit one application per Grant Cycle, with the exception of schools, which may apply for multiple grants. Schools are encouraged to notify the superintendent of desired grants to ensure the
most competitive and feasible applications are submitted.
• Grant applications are being accepted from September 14, 2020, until October 16, 2020. We aim to announce grant recipients by the end of March 2021.
• Facebook Community Action Grants are intended for registered 501c3 organizations.
• The funds allocated are intended to be used during the Grant Cycle in which they’re awarded. The project must have demonstrable metrics that can be publicly reported. We ask that an annual report be provided on how the funds are being used and their impact in the community.
• This grant program is in partnership with CAF America
and CyberGrants LLC.
The following types of organizations or requests are not eligible for Facebook Community Action Grants:
• Organizations whose programs operate exclusively for religious purposes or proselytizing
• Organizations that make hiring choices based on race, gender, faith, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
• Organizations that promote or support specific political ideologies, doctrines, candidates or issues
• For-profit companies
• 501c4 organizations
• Proposals for endowments, memorials, budget deficits and/or the like
Please visit facebook.com/EagleMountainDataCenter to access the application and for the complete Terms and Conditions for the program.