Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to run for municipal office?
• 18 Years old;
• a US citizen;
• a registered voter; and
• a resident of Eagle Mountain City (or a recently annexed area) for twelve consecutive months prior to the election.
Any mentally incompetent person, or any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to vote or hold elective office is restored as provided by statute.
What if I cannot file a declaration of candidacy in-person?
An individual may designate an agent to file a declaration of candidacy with the City Recorder if:
• the individual is located outside of the state during the entire filing period;
• the designated agent appears in person before the City Recorder;
• the individual communicates with the City Recorder using an electronic device that allows the individual and City Recorder to see and hear each other; and
• the individual provides the City Recorder with an email address to which the City Recorder may send the individual election forms and information.