Eagle Mountain City is following guidelines for the high transmission level of COVID-19 on the state index. City offices are open to the public regular hours (7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday), however, masks are required in city buildings, and social distancing measures are in place. If you do not have a mask, one can be provided for you. The Senior Center activities are cancelled until further notice. We encourage residents and our community partners to continue to conduct business with the City online or by phone as much as possible. Department Contact Info
What are the requirements to run for municipal office?
• 18 Years old;
• a US citizen;
• a registered voter; and
• a resident of Eagle Mountain City (or a recently annexed area) for twelve consecutive months prior to the election.
Any mentally incompetent person, or any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to vote or hold elective office is restored as provided by statute.
What if I cannot file a declaration of candidacy in-person?
An individual may designate an agent to file a declaration of candidacy with the City Recorder if:
• the individual is located outside of the state during the entire filing period;
• the designated agent appears in person before the City Recorder;
• the individual communicates with the City Recorder using an electronic device that allows the individual and City Recorder to see and hear each other; and
• the individual provides the City Recorder with an email address to which the City Recorder may send the individual election forms and information.