With so many new residents, the Utility Billing Department has been seeing a lot of similar cases and questions regarding residents’ utility bills. To help you avoid fees and penalties, Utility Billing would like to remind residents of the following:
- The utility bill is posted by the 10th of each month and the payment is due by the last day of the month.
- Please be aware that there is no grace period for late utility payments.
- If payment is not received by the last day of the month, you will be assessed a late fee of $15.
- If the due date falls on a weekend or state holiday when our office is closed, you have until the end of the next business day to make the payment. Any payment received after that time will be assessed a late fee of $15.
- Late notices are sent out at the beginning of the following month for past due accounts. Payments for past due balances need to be in the office by 5:30 p.m. on the day specified on your bill and late notice.
- Past due payments received after 5:30 p.m. on the day specified will be assessed a $50 penalty, regardless of whether or not water service was actually disconnected.
- Please be aware that since the bill is not available until around the 10th of the month, if your auto pay is set up any time between the 1st and the 10th of the month, it will not run until the following month and you’ll receive a late fee every month until it is changed.
- When you schedule auto pay, set it up between the 10th of the month and the last day of the month.
- If you can, schedule your auto pay a few days before the last day of the month so that if any problems arise, you will have a few days to resolve them before your bill is due.
- Utility Billing doesn’t take payments over the phone for security reasons.
- Xpress Billpay will take your payment over the phone at (800) 768-7295. You may also pay your bill online at xpressbillpay.com. Click “Pay Utilities” at emcity.org for instructions to set up online payments for the first time.
- If you pay your bill via US mail or your bank on the last day of the month, it will arrive late.
- Mailed payments have taken up to a week to reach our office.
- If you want to pay at the end of the month, instead of mailing your payment, you may drop it in one of our two utility drop boxes. The drop box in the Ranches is located in the drive-through at 3688 E Campus Dr. The drop box in City Center is located at City Hall.
- You are also welcome to pay online through Xpress Billpay or in person at City Hall (1650 E. Stagecoach Run).
The Utility Billing department understands that residents may have specific questions and individual circumstances. So we can help you best, please contact us at (801)-789-6609 or come see us at City Hall before the day your bill is due or your services are turned off. We kindly ask for your patience as we resolve problems and find solutions.