About a dozen homes were evacuated in the area of Sundance Drive in Eagle Mountain’s City Center on Wednesday.

According to Unified Fire Authority officials, a resident accidentally backed their trailer into their home’s gas meter, causing a leak.

Firefighters responded to the call, which came in just before 2 p.m. on Wednesday, to assist in the evacuation of residents while Dominion Energy worked to repair the leak.

Following the repair, residents were able to return to their homes around 4 p.m.

UFA says the evacuation of residents was done as a precaution. No injuries or illnesses were reported as a result of the leak.