Utah County’s department of Drug & Alcohol Prevention and Treatment offers a FREE, one hour course that teaches participants how to prevent and respond to an opioid overdose. The course will be offered at Eagle Mountain City Hall, 1650 E. Stagecoach Run, Eagle Mountain, 84005, on Thursday, March 14, 2019 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Participants will learn:
- What an opioid is and how an overdose occurs
- How to respond to an overdose
- Risk factors for an overdose
- How to administer Naloxone
- Overdose prevention tips
- Where to find local resources