Due to changes in the recycling markets, Ace Disposal has updated their list of acceptable material that can be disposed of in the blue recycling container.
Guidelines for Recyclable Disposal
- Your recyclables should be empty and dry. Use a spoon or spatula to scrape out food globs. You do not have to rinse your recyclables. If you can flip your containers upside down and nothing is dripping out, you can place it in your recycling bin.
- Recycling contamination happens when items are placed in the recycling bin that still contain food or liquids. Currently there is a 25-30% contamination rate in recycling material collected from residents. It is costly to remove and transport contaminants to a landfill.
- Please do not place plastic bags or film, such as grocery bags and bread bags in your recycling bin and do not bag your recyclables. These items get caught in the machinery at the recycling facility.
- After the recycling is picked up at the curb, it is taken to a Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) where it is sorted, baled by material type, and sold to a processor.
- If you have any questions, please call Ace Disposal at (801) 363-9995.