Yellow Phase Plan
Eagle Mountain Library to Open
Eagle Mountain City (May 20, 2020)-The Eagle Mountain Library will open to the public from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for “Grab & Go Services” starting May 26. There will be a limit of 15 people in the library at a time. Some library services will remain closed.
Low Risk Phase
Eagle Mountain City (May 18, 2020)-Eagle Mountain City is transitioning its COVID-19 response plan to a Low Risk Phase in accordance with state guidelines. Starting May 18, city buildings will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with the exception of the library and the senior center.
Moderate Risk Phase
Eagle Mountain City (May 11, 2020)-In the current moderate-risk phase of the state’s COVID-19 response plan, Eagle Mountain City employees will be available to conduct business in person by appointment. Office buildings remain closed to walk-in traffic. Those who come in for meetings are asked to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask we can provide one. The City continues to recommend that residents conduct business with the city online, via email, or by phone as much as possible.
Park pavilions are open, although we are not accepting reservations at this time. Park restrooms remain closed. The library is offering curbside service on certain dates. Follow the library Facebook page or contact the library for details. A drive-thru lunch program for senior citizens is available at the senior center. Check the city website calendar for dates and details.
Please note – City park bathrooms to remain closed until further notice. Pavilion reservations also suspended until further notice.
City Building Closures
Eagle Mountain City (March 15, 2020)-In an effort to implement social distancing practices recommended to slow the spread of COVID-19, Eagle Mountain City offices will be closed to the public effective Monday, March 16 until further notice. City services will continue to be provided. City departments will operate remotely – with customer service needs being handled either online, via email, or by phone. All City employees who work in the field will continue to do so. At the conclusion of the two-week closure, an evaluation will be made to determine if the buildings will reopen or the closure extended.
Please note the following adjustments to help us continue serving you.
- Please visit our website at www.eaglemountaincity.com for department contact information and online services. If you are unable to find what you need on the website, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-789-6600 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. For urgent issues after hours, please call the city hotline at 801-789-5959 and select the option for an on-call employee for the parks, water, sewer, storm drain, or streets departments and an employee will return your call as soon as possible.
- Utility bill payments may be deposited in the dropbox on the north side of City Hall or at the Prairie Gate Office Building in The Ranches. We cannot accept cash payments. Late fees and water shut-off will be suspended at this time. Questions for utility billing may be sent to email@example.com or by calling 801-789-6626 or 6628 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 801-789-6627 or 6607 from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Email is preferred.
- For all Pony Express Memorial Cemetery inquiries, please call the City Recorder’s office at 801-420-2279.
- Building and subdivision inspections will continue but some inspections of occupied homes (basement permits, etc.) may be postponed. To contact the building office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Utah County Sheriff’s Office and Unified Fire non-emergency dispatch at 801-794-3970. Call 9-1-1 only for life-or-death emergencies or crimes in progress. On certain calls, first responders may be wearing additional protective gear to limit exposure.
We appreciate the efforts of everyone in the community in practicing social distancing, frequent hand-washing, sanitizing, and staying informed to help protect the vulnerable and keep our health care facilities from being overwhelmed from rapid spread of COVID-19. Please plan your shopping carefully and don’t over-purchase items that others may need. Let’s keep looking out for each other.
Eagle Mountain City (March 13, 2020)-Due to ongoing efforts to stop the spread of the Coronavirus, schools statewide are closed for two weeks starting on March 16, 2020. School districts should be reaching out to parents of students to provide them with more information. Some classes may be held online and other services like the lunch program may continue. For more information, please refer to the school district.
City Action Plan
Eagle Mountain City (March 12, 2020)-In response to the state’s recommendations issued today for preventing the spread of COVID-19, Eagle Mountain City is making the following adjustments:
- The Eagle Mountain Public Library will close starting Saturday, March 14 until further notice.
- Eagle Mountain Senior Citizens will cancel all activities effective immediately, including their meal service program, until further notice.
- The remainder of the Jr. Jazz season is cancelled.
- The Miss Eagle Mountain Pageant scheduled for March 14 will be postponed and has been tentatively rescheduled for May 23.
- All Eagle Mountain City services will continue operating at full capacity, however, the city is following recommendations to hold meetings remotely and allow employees to work remotely where possible. Decisions about other community events will be made as dates get closer.
We encourage residents to conduct as much business online as possible, including enrolling in our online bill pay system, Xpress Bill Pay at www.Xpressbillpay.com.
Eagle Mountain City will continue to monitor developments and stay in communication with public health officials. Additional adjustments may be necessary and will be communicated to residents at that point. We will share official information on this page and will also distribute updates via other city communication channels, including our Facebook page, Twitter, and email/text notifications.