Eagle Mountain City is again offering our Bag the Leaf program for fall. Residents are encouraged to clear leaves from their property, to include collecting leaves and other debris from the tops of storm drains abutting their property during the fall leaf collection period to help prevent localized flooding conditions during the fall and winter months.
The success of the City’s leaf bag collection program depends on the cooperation of our residents. Without your contributions, the City would not be able to provide an efficient and cost effective leaf collection program. This is an opportunity for all of us to keep Eagle Mountain City clean, safe and beautiful.
Following are details about the program:
- The City will provide free leaf bags to residents.
- Pick up bags at City Hall.
- Bags will be available from Tuesday, October 22 through Friday, November 22, while supplies last.
- Curbside pick-up will be on weekdays through November 27. You may email Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us when you have bags ready for pick up.
- City-provided bags as well as other small to large plastic garbage bags may be used.
- Bags shall not exceed 40 pounds and must contain leaves only. Heavier bags will not be collected.
- The City will not collect any bags that contain household waste, green waste, branches, limbs, rocks, animal waste, dirt, sod or other restricted bulky waste. If a bag contains any unacceptable materials, crews will place a notice on your bag and leave them for you to remove.
- Place your bags curbside. Bags should not be placed in the street, gutter, ditches, or any drainage way.
- Leaves should not be raked into the street. Homeowners/renters will be subject to fines for placing debris in the roadways.
If you have any questions, please contact Larry Diamond with the Storm Drain Department at email@example.com.