The library board is made up of individuals who are dedicated to the Eagle Mountain Library and enjoy being an active part of our community.
Some responsibilities of the library board are, but not limited to:
* To determine the purpose of the library, and to adopt written policies to govern the operation and program of the library
* To determine the program and needs of the library in relation to the community and to keep abreast of standards and library trends
* To secure adequate funds to carry on the library program
* To establish, support and participate in a planned public relations program
* To assist in the preparation of the annual budget and approve the final document
* To know local and state laws and to actively support library legislation in the state and nation
* To establish library policies dealing with book and materials selection
* To attend all board meetings and see that accurate records are kept on file at the library
Bylaws of the Eagle Mountain Library Board
All library board members are volunteers and must commit to at least two years of service. If you are interested in serving as a library board member, please email Michele Graves- Library Director for more information.
Board Members 2018
Dan Farmer - Term expires: 31- Dec. 2019 Email Dan
Mellissa Ochsenhirt - Term expires: 31- Dec. 2019 Email Mellissa
Kim Reid (Board Chair) - Term expires: 31- Dec. 2019 Email Kim
Tyler Shimakonis - Term expires: 31- Dec. 2018 Email Tyler
David Ulibarri - Term expires: 31 - Dec. 2018 Email David
Brooke Ochs - Term expires: 31 -Dec. 2020 Email Brooke
Ben Reaves(City Council Liaison) - Email Ben
Volunteers are always needed at the library. Working in the library, reading aloud, or helping with the summer reading program are some of the ways volunteers have assisted with the needs of the library.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years or older. Applications must be signed by a parent/guardian for anyone under the age of 18.
Library Volunteer Application