1. Instruct and help residents make their homes more burglar proof.
2. Bring new neighbors into the program and assist them with any needs.
3. Be the representative of your block with continual updates on literature, and crime information and emergency preparedness in your area.
4. Keep a master list of block captains and resident information for the area you represent.
5. Coordinate with Law Enforcement and/or the Fire Department when needs arise.
6. Understand the need for confidentiality within the position.