If you have any questions regarding City News, please contact Linda Peterson, Communications & Community Relations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-358-1175.
Golf Course Rezone Update
The City Council moved to approve The Ranches Golf Course Rezone with the following conditions:
- The .68 acre Commercial/12-plex pod on Ranches Parkway and Carnoustie be removed from the rezone.
- Up to 8 single-family, single-story homes be permitted on Royal Dornoch Road (5 on the north, using a half-moon drive access, and 3 on the south side of the road).
- Up to 8 single-family, single-story homes be permitted on Barton Creek Drive, using half-moon drive access.
- Up to 6 single-family, single-story homes be permitted on a cul-de-sac, accessed from the south end of Mt. Airey Drive.
- 1 single-family, single- story home be permitted on Desert Canyon Rd (next to the Heatherwood church).
- Up to 4 units (possibly a four-plex) be permitted adjacent to Heatherwood on the south side of the road.
- The Planning Commission recommendations (on house types, netting, golf course purchase agreement, etc.) be followed.
- The fee-in-lieu for open space be spent in parks in close proximity to the development (Eagle’s Gate and Heatherwood developments, not the Mt. Airey Triangle Piece)
- The motion passed with a unanimous vote